DIY: How to create a sparkling Glitter Tumbler
New year, and so many new crafts to explore and create! We hope that this is the year that you will test a new type of craft! Why not start out with this sparkling glitter tumbler, created by crafter Brittany from Secret Pineapple Co? In this tutorial you will learn step-by-step how you can recreate this beautiful craft.
-Silicon Brush (optional)
-Mod Podge (optional)
-Decals/Images (optional) Here is a similar quote to the one used on the picture.
How to create a DIY glitter tumbler
1. Begin prepping by sanding and washing your tumbler. Next, prime with spray paint matching the color of your desired glitter.
2. Using a silicone brush or gloved finger, apply a layer of epoxy or mod podge to completely cover the tumbler. Remove any excess to ensure a thin, even layer.
3. Sprinkle glitter generously over the entire tumbler, tapping off excess glitter to avoid chunky or patchy areas. Allow time to dry.
4. Seal glitter on the tumbler with a gloss clear spray sealer or brush on mod podge. Allow tumbler to dry.
5. Mix even ratios and pour the epoxy onto the tumbler. Smoothing out as you go with a silicone brush or gloved finger will ensure the entire cup is completely coated. *Please follow specific directions and safety precautions provided when mixing/applying epoxy.
6. Let your tumbler spin on a cup turner until the epoxy hardens (approx 6-12 hours).
7. Apply any decals or designs.
Get the Make a wish upon a Starfish SVG here.
Get the Wish upon a Starfish SVG here.
Get the Spring SVG Bundle here.
8. Lastly, apply final thin layer of epoxy on the entire surface (including lip and bottom), spin until the epoxy hardens. Leave your tumbler to rest until the epoxy is completely cured (approx 48-72 hours). Wash with soap and water and it’s ready to keep your drink hot/cold all day!