Crafting Month: DIY Fridge Magnets for the Whole Family
Learn how to make these fun DIY fridge magnets for the whole family, using designs from Creative Fabrica.
Create This Project With Designs From Creative Fabrica
Crafting Month Free Bundle: Big Matching Family SVG Bundle
For this project, you can use any SVG design sets from this free bundle, to recreate these fridge magnets for your family!
- Blank mini canvas magnets (or make your own)
- Acrylic paints & paintbrush
- Mixing palette and water
- Triple Thick gloss glaze (optional)
- Protective table cover
- Heat transfer vinyl (black and white)
- Teflon sheet
- Weeding tools
- Die-cutting machine
- Cricut Easy Press (or other machine to heat press) and mat
How to create this project
- Prepare all your supplies needed to create this project and set up your work space with a protective table cover.
- Download the free Big Matching Family SVG Bundle and select the SVG design set that you would like to use for your magnets!
- Start by painting your mini canvases with your desired colors. Make sure that the whole canvas is covered and do at least two coats of paint.
- Upload your designs to Cricut Design Space (or the die-cutting machine software of your choice).
- Adjust its size to reflect the same dimensions of your mini canvas magnets.
- When you are happy with how your design looks, click the “Make It” button and don’t forget to mirror the design.
- Once you’ve cut and weeded your design, preheat the EasyPress to 315 degrees.
- Place your cut design onto the canvas and then cover the entire canvas with a Teflon sheet and press for about 7-8 seconds. Let it cool slightly, then carefully remove the mask.
- If you want your magnets to have a glossy look, pour a small amount of Triple Thick Gloss Glaze onto a small piece of plastic and use a small paint brush to brush over the entire canvas with the glaze, after the HTV has cooled down.
- All done! You can repeat this process for as many fridge magnets as you like!
This tutorial was created and written by Creative Fabrica The Artistry writer WendyB Crafter.
Share Your Crafts!
Get creative during Creative Fabrica’s Crafting Month and share your crafting project with other crafters!
✨ SHARE YOUR PROJECTS✨
Have fun making this project!