DIY: Bookmark Keepsake Framed
This is a beautiful, framed bookmark of my dad’s funeral service after he passed. This project was inspired by my sister. We worked hard on designing the layout and the end result is stunning. We are very proud of our project. We searched everywhere for a special frame, but had no luck, so we decided to have the frames professionally made by our local picture framer as we had many to make. Even he was inspired by our special project.
PLEASE NOTE: photo, name and dates are blurred in respect to family and privacy
There were many tears along the way and well worth it.
We used 2 thick layers of cardstock purchased from our framer’s shop. We designed the vine in the center and used my Cricut machine to cut the mirror vinyl. We cut the card stock to size and glued in the bookmark.
HOW TO ASSEMBLE YOUR BOOKMARK FRAME
- Use a bookmark of your choice. For a double frame use 2 x the same bookmark, use each side. For a single frame use 1 x bookmark.
- Prepare your design with your vinyl and cutting machine. You can keep it plain if you don’t want to decorate.
- Remove frame backing.
- Use thick card stock or cardstock of your choice and cut to size two layers. Add more layers or have only 1 layer. Cut cardstock to size of inside of the frame.
- Place your cut out decorations on the top layer of the cardstock.
- Glue the top layer to the second layer to keep in place if needed.
- Glue carefully the bookmark to the last layer. Keep flat.
- Fit all layers into frame.
- When all layers and bookmark are in place, replace the frame backing.
- To secure layers and backing, use a think strong tape and tape all around back of frame (as shown in picture)
- Use a strong string or small rope and add to back for hanging (as shown in picture).
MATERIALS YOU WILL NEED
- Frame of your choice and size of your choice
- Cardstock inserts of your choice
- Cardstock colors of your choice
- Cutting machine for vinyl decorations
- Scissors or sharp cutting knife
- Pencil or marker
- String or rope
- Strong tape
I hope this will inspire others to make this amazing product for a special keepsake and a special gift. It is beautiful and stunning and is a lovely feature on the wall at home or office.
Please share with me your finished project of your framed bookmark. Enjoy