In this post, we are going to give you some ideas to create your wall art.
Whether you want to make an extra-special gift, or if you simply want to decorate your house or classroom, a wall poster is one of the simplest yet most effective crafts you can create.
First, we will give you some handy tips for the process, then, we’ll share some inspirational ideas with you. Get ready to create fantastic eye-catching artwork for your walls!
Digital backgrounds – There are over 8000 different digital background designs at Creative Fabrica. We have linked the ones we have used for every example under the pictures.
Fonts – All the fonts we have used for these examples are free. We have linked them below every project as well.
Design software – You can choose your favorite program. For these examples, we have used Canva.
A printer and color toners.
A picture frame.
Step by Step
1. Open Canva and create a New Project. There are two options:
If you press the “Poster” button, Canva will create a new document with default dimensions (42 x 59,4 cm).
You can set the dimensions yourself. Press “custom dimensions” and set the width and height.
2. Open your new canvas and press “Uploads” on the left toolbar.
3. Click “Upload an image or video.” Browse your device until you find the file you want. Select and upload.
4. Add the background to your Canvas.
5. Apply a bit of transparency so the poster text will have better contrast.
6. Click “Text” on the left toolbar. Press “Add a Headline.” Write your message in the text box.
7. You can change the font, the text size, the alignment, and the kerning.
And there is your poster! Click “Download” to save it to your device.
Here you can see all the posters we’ve created with digital backgrounds. We have linked all the fonts and design elements that we used below each poster.
Realistic Canvas Effect
Light in the Dark