Make Your Own Advent Calendar
Christmas is just around the corner and the festive season would not be complete without an Advent calendar. Today we’ll show you how to create your own chic Advent Calendar!
We have designed several different sets of designs so that you can decorate Advent calendars for each of your loved ones.
All you need is:
- String lights
- Metal wire
- Advent calendar design
- Large embroidery frame – in our project our frame was approximately 15″ across.
- Box template (We used scissors to cut out the boxes, but of course you can also cut them out with a plotter)
- 24 sheets of craft paper
- Paper rolls
- Foil paper (the design can be found here)
1. First, wrap the string lights around the embroidery frame (or metal circle) to give the calendar a boho touch. After that, use the metal wire to attach the green branches to the wreath to form a crescent moon, ready to be decorated with everything you’d expect from an Advent calendar!
2. The next step is to make the boxes. For this, you need the box template and 24 sheets of craft paper.
You can simply print the file onto the paper, or make a stencil. Then, cut along the solid lines and fold the dotted lines either by hand or with your cutting machine.
To make the advent calendar a bit more exciting, we mixed the boxes with Christmas crackers. If you’d like to try this too, simply wrap cardboard tubes with cute Christmas gift wrap and fill them with candy.
4. Now print out the 24 round designs, cut them out (with a cutting machine or scissors), and glue them to the Christmas crackers.
5. Fill the boxes with trinkets and gifts and hang them using string from the embroidery frame.
Now your beautiful Advent calendar is complete, ready to give to your loved ones to celebrate the days before Christmas!