By working together with crafters and designers, we provide a creative hub with the tools and content that you need for your next venture, idea or project.
Make Your Own Valentines Day Baby Bodysuit
Tips & Tricks for the Valentine's Gift!
Valentine’s Day is a day dedicated to love, and what better way to show your love and appreciation for your your nearest and dearest than with a Valentine’s Day DIY craft? In this blog post you will learn how to create a personalized gift for a baby.
How to create the Baby Bodysuit
This project was created by crafter Kerri, and features products from our bundle The Ultimate Quote Bundle! This exclusive bundle features 300 individual quotes for just $5, perfect for all kinds of wonderful crafting projects.
3) Make sure to mirror your design (otherwise the text will be back to front), then click ‘Make it’ in Design Space, in the top right hand corner.
4) Select the appropriate cut setting for your material, load your mat and start cutting.
5) Trim any excess vinyl and then weed your layers.
6) Preheat the baby outfit for 3-5 seconds to remove any moisture or wrinkles from the fabric, then place the first layer of your design on the outfit. We don’t want the registration marks to adhere to the outfit, so place scrap carrier sheets underneath the registration marks.
7) Apply heat/medium pressure for 2 seconds.
8) Remove the carrier sheet and use the first layer’s registration marks to align your next layer – then repeat the above step to apply the next layer to the fabric.
9) Repeat the above step for the final layer, but press for 15 seconds. Then flip the outfit over and press the back for 15 seconds.
Do not wash the clothing for at least 48 hours to make sure the vinyl has adhered properly. Give it away as a Valentine’s Day Gift , or as birthday present to a mommy. Happy Valentine’s Crafting!