How to Create Crepe Paper Square-Folded Streamer
Have you hosted a party? Do you usually just hire someone to do the decorations for you or want to DIY?
You can create this easy crepe paper square-folded streamer technique which is a classic design of party decoration. It only takes 5 minutes to learn how to create one using only 3 tools.
You will need:
1. Rolls of Crepe Paper
- You can buy those that are pre-cut, I am using 81 ft x 1.75 in or 24.6 m x 4.4 cm
- For best results, stick to your motif. If you are decorating for a Halloween party then you can play around with the colors Black, Orange, and White.
- For cutting excess papers
- To secure the ends, I suggest using double-sided tape or glue dots. Glue stick or glue itself may not work as it may ruin the crepe paper.
Watch the video below
1. Gather all your supplies
2. Use 2 rolls of crepe paper, it can be the same color or play with different colors
3. Line the ends of both crepe paper perpendicularly (creating an angle of 90°) and secure them using adhesive
NOTE: If you are using glue, avoid putting too much as it will soak the crepe paper
4. Fold the bottom paper over the other crepe paper and flatten the sides
5. Continue to fold both papers alternately over one another until you read the ends
6. Secure the ends using adhesive
7. Press flat the folded crepe papers for added effect
You are now ready to make some more! Continue making streamers or teach a friend this technique so you can prepare more streamers before the party. You can hang it from the ceiling or stick the ends to the wall. Play with more color combinations.
Happy folding and creating!