Crafting Month: Make a DIY Cup for Mother’s Day
Learn how to make this easy personalized cup and gift your mom something special this Mother’s Day!
Create This Project With Designs From Creative Fabrica
Crafting Month Free Bundle: The Mega Sublimation Bundle
For this project, you can use the Mom Life Sublimation Bundle, to recreate this custom mug, and gift your mom a something unique this Mother’s Day!
- Blank Cricut 12 Oz mug (or sublimation mug)
- Infusible ink transfer sheets
- Weeding tools
- Lint roller
- Heat-resistant tape (optional, but good to have on hand)
- Cricut machine (or another die-cutting machine of your choice)
- Cricut Mug Pres
How to create this project
- Prepare all your supplies needed to create this project and set up your work space.
- Download the free The Mega Sublimation Bundle and select the Mom Life Sublimation Bundle (or any other design bundle of your choice).
- Upload your chosen design to Cricut Design Space (or the die-cutting machine software of your choice) and select the “Mug Design Setup”.
- Size and edit your design accordingly and when you’re happy with it, click on that “Make It” button! Don’t forget to mirror the design.
- Choose “Infusible Ink Transfer Sheet” as the material and place your sheet shiny side down as shown on the mat display. While the machine is cutting, you can warm up the mug press.
- When the cut has finished, carefully remove the sheet off of the mat and slightly bend it to make weeding easier. Use the lint roller on your mug to remove any dust particles that could interfere with the transfer.
- When the mug press has signaled that it is ready, place your mug into the press at a slight angle.
- Slightly turn the handle to the left and as you push down on the lever, ensure that the transfer sheet on both sides of the handle is completely inside the press. Do not put your hands inside the press!
- Press all the way down on the lever and wait for the transfer process to complete! Carefully remove the mug by the handle (avoiding touching any other part of the mug because it is extremely hot! You can use heat-resistant gloves for this process).
- Allow the mug to cool for about 20-30 minutes and then remove any tape that you may have used, as well as the transfer mask and sheet.
- Voilà! You have a gorgeous new mug!
This tutorial was created and written by Creative Fabrica The Artistry writer WendyB Crafter.
Share Your Crafts!
Get creative during Creative Fabrica’s crafting month and share your crafting project with other crafters!
✨ SHARE YOUR PROJECTS✨