How To Reinstall A Demo Version Of A Font
This page is part of The Ultimate Font Guide, an introductory font manual that explains the basics of fonts and how to install fonts, use them in different applications and more.
Using a demo version of a font is a great way to preview a font.
A demo version is a font file the designer of the font can provide in order let you test the font before you decide whether to buy it or not.
If you bought the font, but you’ve noticed that the font is missing certain characters, it might be because the demo version still is installed on your device.
This might be the case if you:
- Cannot view all basic characters: such as the numbers, upper case or lower case characters.
- Can see the font is named ‘Demo’.
To get the complete version of the font you just purchased, it is necessary to uninstall the demo version and reinstall the original font.
How to remove the demo font version and install the full font version
Solving this problem is very easy! All you need to do is to follow these few steps:
- The demo version of the font needs to be deleted from your computer. You can locate and delete the font in the Character Map if you are using Windows, and in Font Book if you are using Mac..
- Restart your computer.
- Install the original font file on your computer. If you need some help with the installation, read our guides here:
Install font on Mac
Install font on Windows
- Done! You should now be able to use the complete version of the font you just purchased.
If you have any further questions, contact us at [email protected]